COLL8 END USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THESE “TERMS”)
Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not download or use Coll8.
If you’d like these Terms in another format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. WHO ARE THESE TERMS BETWEEN?
You (or “your” or “yours”)
The individual person who has downloaded Coll8 and any other person who uses your Coll8 account.
Us (or “we”)
Legal & General Digital Solutions Limited (company number 12914273), we are a member of the Legal & General Group, which is Legal & General Group PLC (company number 01417162), its subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies.
2. WHAT DO THESE TERMS COVER?
These Terms cover your access to and use of “Coll8” (the app provided by us, as updated from time to time, which can be downloaded to a mobile device).
Coll8 provides a platform through which you can access a curated “Workspace”. These Workspaces contain software applications called “MicroServices”, ”, these MicroServices allow you to access certain services or content that are selected by the administrator of the Workspace. The administrators of these Workspaces could be your employer or your pension provider. They could also be provided by us (or our group companies) or third parties (what we call a “MicroService Supplier”).
Your licence to use Coll8
In return for your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms, we grant you a non-transferable licence to use Coll8 on a mobile device that you own, control or use, subject to these Terms.
This licence will start when you download Coll8 and will continue until ended, as set out later in these Terms.
3. WHAT OTHER TERMS MAY APPLY?
Workspaces and MicroServices made available via Coll8 are provided by third parties and are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant MicroService Supplier or third party. You must also comply with these terms and conditions.
4. YOUR USE OF COLL8
What you can do within Coll8You can use Coll8 to:
- access the Coll8 platform;
- access a Workspace;
- access a MicroService; and
- contact us for support in relation to Coll8.
Your access to specific Workspaces or MicroServices may require further authorisation by the Workspace provider or Microservice Supplier.
Workspaces and MicroServices
Workspaces and MicroServices made available via Coll8 are provided by third parties and are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant MicroService Supplier or third party. For instance, this might include another Legal & General Group company that provides your pension services. You must comply with such terms and conditions. Other than where we are the Workspace administrator or MicroService Supplier, we have no responsibility for any products or services made available to you via Coll8 or a MicroService.
The MicroServices made available to you via Coll8 may be changed or withdrawn at any time without prior written notice either by us, your Workspace administrator or by the relevant MicroService Supplier.
IIf you have any queries regarding a specific Workspace or MicroService, please contact the MicroService Supplier directly or use the “Get Support” functionality within Coll8. This option may direct you towards the MicroService Supplier, or towards the Coll8 support team.
Things you must not doWhen using Coll8, you must not:
- use Coll8 for anything illegal or fraudulent or inconsistent with these Terms;
- copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, alter or tamper with, seek to reverse engineer or create derivative works based on all or any part of Coll8;
- remove, conceal or tamper with any copyright or other proprietary notice attached to or contained within Coll8;
- use it to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or device; and
- be abusive, discriminatory, threatening, obscene, offensive, defamatory or transmit any material that is otherwise objectionable.
You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. or U.K. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. or U.K. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. or U.K. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
5. OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU AND AVAILABILITY OF COLL8
Coll8 is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We’ll take reasonable care to make sure Coll8 works as described, but you shouldn’t solely rely on it and we won’t be responsible if it doesn’t always work as you expect. You will have access to the information, products and services accessible via Coll8 by other means, for example by accessing them online.
From time to time, we may include in your Workspace links to publicly available (“Web Links”). You acknowledge that we provide Web Links for information only, that we do not endorse linked websites, that we have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites or have any affiliation with the third parties who provide them. We do not receive any financial benefit or incentive in relation to Web Links.
On your consent, we will track and record the way you, and other Coll8 users, interact with Coll8 (including by clicking on services and Workspaces within Coll8) in order to improve the usability of Coll8 and the quality of its content. These records do not include any of your personal information and cannot be traced back to you as an individual. We aggregate the total number of clicks and unique views, so we have an overall picture of how Coll8 users interact with Coll8.
Your security obligations
You must take all reasonable precautions to keep safe and prevent fraudulent use of your mobile device and log-in information.
You are responsible for:
- all instructions given by you or anyone using Coll8 on your device (even if they do something that’s outside the scope of the authority you gave them);
- making sure information shown or stored on your mobile device is kept secure;
- keeping your personal information up to date and accurate; and
- backing-up any information you input via Coll8.
7. ABNORMAL AND UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCESWe are not responsible if we do not comply with any of these Terms:
- due to abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control; or
- where our failure to comply is due to our obligations under applicable laws or regulations.
8. ENDING YOUR RIGHT TO USE COLL8
How we can end this service
We can immediately stop your use of Coll8 (either temporarily or permanently) at any time in the following situations:
- if you have seriously or persistently failed to adhere to any of these Terms;
- if we have reasonable grounds to suspect unauthorised or fraudulent use of your security details;
- if we have concerns over the security of Coll8;
- if Coll8 is withdrawn by the manufacturer of your mobile device operating system or, an App Store or any intermediary;
- if we reasonably consider that by continuing to allow you to use Coll8:
- we may breach a law, regulation, code, court order or other duty; or
- we, or another Legal & General Group company, may be exposed to action or censure from any government, regulator or law enforcement agency;
- whenever we deem such action necessary in our absolute discretion; or
- if we discontinue or suspend the provision of Coll8 for any reason.
How you can end this service
You can end your right to use Coll8 and your agreement with us at any time by deleting Coll8 from your mobile device, or by emailing us to let us know.
We will usually give you advance notice of any suspension or termination of your use of Coll8 and tell you why. However, we will not do so if this would compromise our reasonable security measures or it is unlawful to do so.
What happens when your right to access and use Coll8 ends?
Once your right to access and use Coll8 ends, you will no longer be able to access, view or use Coll8.
9. APP STORE TERMS
The ways in which you can use Coll8 may also be governed by the App Store’s terms of service and policies and in some instances where there are differences between the two, the App Store’s terms of service and policies may apply instead of these Terms. (“App Store” means the online or remote-access location from where you downloaded Coll8).
Apple Inc. or Google Inc., as applicable, do not have any responsibilities or obligations to you in relation to Coll8 and will not provide any maintenance and support services for Coll8.
You acknowledge that we (not Apple Inc. or Google Inc. (as applicable)) will be responsible for:
- any claim by you or any third party in relation to product liability, failure of Coll8 to conform to any legal or regulatory requirement, or claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; or
- any third party claim that Coll8, or your possession or use of Coll8, infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights (and we will be responsible for the handling of any such intellectual property infringement claim, which, at our option, may include the investigation, defence, settlement or discharge of such claim).
10. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
From time to time, we may need to amend these Terms. We will let you know of any changes by requesting that you accept the updated version of these Terms next time you access Coll8. You will not be able to continue to access and use Coll8 unless you accept the new terms.
You will be able to view the current version of these Terms within Coll8 at any time via the relevant link in your Coll8 user profile.
11. UPDATES TO COLL8
From time to time we may automatically update Coll8. This may be to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update Coll8 for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates, or if you opt out of automatic updates, you may not be able to continue using Coll8.
We do not charge for Coll8. However, you may incur data charges from your mobile network operator when you access Coll8 via a data network and these charges may vary if you access Coll8 when abroad. You are responsible for these charges.
13. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
If you have downloaded Coll8 from the Apple App Store, Apple Inc. will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary.
Except as expressly stated in these Terms, no person other than you and us will have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms.
14. TRANSFER OF THESE TERMS
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you if this happens next time you re-enter Coll8 and we will ask you to accept Terms that have been updated to reflect the transfer. We will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms. You can’t transfer any of your rights and obligations under these Terms to anyone else.
15. WHAT COUNTRY’S LAWS AND COURTS APPLY TO THESE TERMS
The laws of England and Wales apply to these Terms. Both you and we irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
If any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, void, invalid or unenforceable by a court in England and Wales, then such provision shall be deemed to have been deleted and the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
16. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Contacting us (including with complaints)
If you wish to contact us if you have any issues accessing the app or have questions on our user terms please email us at email@example.com
You can also use the “Get Support” functionality within Coll8 – this will help if you have any queries regarding a specific Workplace or MicroService, or if you need to contact the Coll8 support team.
Information about us
Legal & General Digital Solutions Limited is incorporated in England and Wales and our registered office is at One Coleman Street, London EC2R 5AA.